Friday 10 April 2009

Poems arriving

Poems have been "arriving" for the last couple of years, I suppose.

I can't say that I actually write them - it seems like an idea comes into my awareness and there is a realisation that there is a poem there. It then seems just a matter of writing and seeing what comes out. Occasionally I change a word. Often I don't.

This seems to me to be a magnificent example of what can happen when I/we just get "out of the way" - out of our own way. There does seem to be a connection to a deeper knowing, a clearer seeing, a more heart-full connection.

This is a place that I would like to spend living much more of my life from and a connection that I am drawn to explore much more deeply. In fact it is probably the thing that most interests me in the world at the moment, though of course it is not a thing at all. It is much more mysterious than that. And at the same time it is really simple and very ordinary. I guess that this is an example of the ordinary mysteries to which the title of this blog relates.

I hope to share these journeys into the unknown within the known with you as they unfold for me (whoever I may be).

In the meantime I felt to share the first of these poems that arrived about 2 years ago.

It came out of a realisation that life although it often seems complicated isn't really complicated - or that it needn't be. There is always (or almost always) an option of relating to it in a simple way and that is usually through the heart. This poem has not had a title before now, but I think that it will get one here:



Life

Life
Can sometimes seem confusing.

If,
At any time,
You don't know what to do

Do love.


~


Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment